Wednesday 10 July 2013

BBQ Fright

I had seen a ghost two years ago. My friends and I were a bunch of sixteen years old, just graduated from our secondary schools. Immediately after our GCE 'O' Level exams, we booked a pit at the West Coast Park for our BBQ. Pit 13 was allotted to us. The number 13, known very well by now for its unluckiness, brought us along with everything else, trouble! After a mini barbecue, twelve of us settled down at bare spot surrounded by bushes. We arranged ourselves in a circular manner and had white candles surrounding us. Actually, we had intended the use of candles for creating a mysterious effect. When all were seated within the circle of candles, everyone kept quiet.

Then, Siu Ling, started the ball rolling by telling  ghost stories, or in our own language, 'true stories of our encounters'. Occasionally, I could hear dogs howling. The wind had picked up and when I looked up, it seemed that a storm was moving in. The others were too engrossed in the ghost stories to notice it. As the number of stories increased, so did my fear. After a while, my friend and I needed to go to the washroom badly. We were chit chatting and commenting on the ghost stories shared earlier on before entering the toilet, when we observed a strange couple walk past us. The lady, dressed in red and heavily made up, literally seemed dressed to kill. She had a rather fierce expression on her face. As they walked past us, her cold eyes seemed to pierce through our minds. Puzzled at such a behavior, I turned back and to my dismay, the lady disappeared. The man continued to walk alone down the track.

Surrounded by a dark and deserted area, my friend and I were so terrified that we ran all the way back to the pit to join the rest. On reaching the pit, I tried to calm myself thinking that it was all my imagination. However, the rest of them had also witnessed it! They saw the same lady ghost as I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment