Wednesday 10 July 2013

Birthday Scare

We were celebrating Ivan's birthday. It was a big party, with eleven of us attending. All of us were from the same school, and thus lived around the same district. The party was held at one of the void decks along Potong Pasir Ave 1. It was a Saturday late night and all of us were in the party mood. It was a wild party, with lots of games and fun. Although we got amused looks from curious passerby  most of us were too engrossed in having fun to notice it. It was nearing one am when the party ended. While cleaning up the place, Roy suggested paying a visit to a so called haunted house nearby. The haunted house was located at an isolated corner near Potong Pasir Drive. Being in the party mood, all of us accepted Roy's suggestion.

As we walked towards the building, it seemed like any normal bungalow to me. Others began to feel nervous. I was, however, beginning to feel excited for I had never visited an haunted house before. Roy pushed open the door and the first thing that greeted us at the doorway was a rope hanging down. Blood stains were spotted all over the floor. The girls screamed and the screams echoed through the empty house. Suddenly, the party mood disappeared and stark reality descended upon me. I began to subconsciously wipe off beads of sweat rolling down my cheeks. I absorbed the dark and scary atmosphere before me. Even the fact that my friends were around did not stop me from feeling afraid. I began to think of my parents. 'What if I don't make it back home? My papa... My mama...'

I had started thinking about my impending end. Too terrified to go further, I completely abandoned my friends at that point in time and ran out of the house. I hired what must have been the last taxi around and rushed back home. Never again would I be adventurous enough to visit a haunted house.

No comments:

Post a Comment