Thursday 11 July 2013

Seeing Red

Whether if it was a ghost I saw, nobody will ever know. That strange, unexplained encounter had lingered in my mind all this while. Now I'm sharing it with you. It happened on a Friday. I had just came home from classes. It was a boring night; all my friends had their own programs for the evening. Bryan, my boyfriend, had something on in the earlier part of the evening. I lazed around the house. After a while, I could not stand it. The television had some boring movie on, even though it was Friday night. Fortunately, Bryan called and told me that he could get away earlier. We arranged to meet in the nearby park.

I went to the park and waited. Bryan came soon after. We went for a walk, hand in hand, and started telling each other about our days. Throughout the whole walk, I felt uneasy, as if someone was following us. Whenever I looked around, I saw no one. Something just did not seem right. Suddenly, my shoelaces had come undone and I was bending down to tie them when I noticed a red light, rather glaring, just behind me. When I turned, there was nothing. Initially, I thought my contact lenses were a little blur and decided to go on with the walk. Out of curiosity, I took another glanced behind. The red glaring light was directly behind me! Was it just a light or a shadow of some sort? I took another step forward and on further glances behind, realized that the 'light' had moved too, and closer! My pulse rate took a spontaneous leap and I decided to reconfirm my 'sightings' with my stead. Bryan gave me a'come on, you must be kidding' look, but still turned behind on my insistence.

He did not see anything. We had walked into the darker part on the path. I began to feel frightened. As it was getting late, there were no one besides us. Half dragging Bryan, I began to walk really fast, until I reached the outskirts of the park. Bryan, by then, was quite irritated because he thought I was being timid. Still, I did not linger long. I kissed Bryan good bye and headed home immediately. On second thoughts, it was not that scary, and I did not hear anything. Could it be the funeral going on nearby...? I never knew the explanation to that strange red light.

No comments:

Post a Comment