Thursday 11 July 2013

Shivers

It was my friend's birthday. My classmates and I went to his semi detached house to celebrate his birthday. His house was situated in an 'ulu' area near Sembawang. His parents had just bought it three months ago. The house had three stories with the highest floor vacant. The whole house was well furnished and all the furniture in his house were made of teak wood. It was a fun party. By the time it ended, it was already eleven forty five pm. Since I was staying at Bukit Purmei Road, my friend allowed me to spend the night at his house. My other friends had their parents drive them home. However, my parents were overseas then. Not wanting to go home along the dark and eerie road outside, I agreed immediately.

My friend asked me to sleep in the vacant room at the highest floor. It was the guest room. The place was very dim and quite dusty. I was the first guest in the house. When I finally settled down in my bed, it was past 12 midnight. I tried to sleep, but found that I could not. 'Its probably due to the new environment,' I thought, as I missed the familiar scent of my pillow. Still, I could not brush off the uneasy feeling. I jumped out of my bed and looked out of the room. The air outside was cool and still. The sky was very dark. I could hear the sounds made by crickets and other insects. I closed the window and then looked around the whole room. Suddenly, I saw a white dress lying on my bed. The white dress did not have a body. I just saw it in a split second and then it disappeared. I was stunned and could not believe my eyes. I wasn't sure whether it was my own imagination or not.

I immediately ran out of my room to my friend's room on the second storey. Banging on his door, I dragged him out of bed and told him what happened. He then told me that three months ago, the owner of this house had committed suicide in the guest room. So once in a while, one could see the ghost. He did not want to scare our friends, so he told me to keep it to myself. That night I slept in the same room with my friend. Although I was frightened, I fell asleep soon as I was totally exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment