Tuesday 9 July 2013

Classroom Ghost

I had encountered an apparition in my school. It was a cloudy Saturday morning. Except for the sound of a few water droplets emanating from a slight drizzle, everything else was in total silence. I woke up late and could not get to school on time. It was 10 am. When I got there. The rest of the class had already left for a Sentosa excursion. Two of my classmate were also left behind, as I saw them seated at the canteen, complaining away miserably. Not knowing them too well, I did not feel comfortable joining them. My parents would not come for the next few hours as they were busy at work.

With so much time to kill, I decided to explore the school. I had never really done so since I joined the school two months ago. Looking around, I realized that the school compound was interestingly situated next to the chapel and a funeral parlor. I went to the block furthest from the canteen. It was also the block nearest the funeral parlor. I wanted to play a prank on the students in those classes when they came to school on Monday and decided to write something on their classroom's blackboards. It was then I swear I saw it, if I am allowed to say 'it'. I was standing outside the first classroom. At first, there was a flash, and then I could make out a rather misty, white silhouette. It was certainly in a world of its own, floating in the air behind the class door. I froze outside the classroom. The silhouette floated around the room. Physically, I appeared rather calm and composed but the idea of having witnessed a white silhouette floating in mid air precipitated a certain degree of fear within me.

Shivers ran down my spine and I crossed my fingers, hoping to get out of the classroom immediately. After a silent prayer, I scurried down to the first floor and bumped into friends from other classes. I told them what I saw and discovered from them that other eerie encounters had been witnessed. On a chalkboard in one particular class, scribbles of a teacher's handwriting were observed one minute and on second glance, the board was clean. I tried to recompose myself on the assumption that everything could be due to my imagination but the fact that a funeral was going on just opposite simply added to my growing fear. i t was said to be 'privileged' to be able to observe spirits and ghosts. As for me, the encounter only brought me ill luck. I was hospitalized at the Tan Tock Seng Hospital two weeks later, for typhoid! At times, I still wonder if the funeral opposite have any connections with the white silhouette?

No comments:

Post a Comment