Tuesday 9 July 2013

Total Darkness

My friends and I decided to spend our holidays in Jakarta last year. While there, we stayed in a five star hotel. The hotel was very clean and had all the facilities, even a Karaoke lounge. On the first day, my friends and I went to the karaoke lounge and enjoyed ourselves. Brightly lit, it was a hot favorite among the tourists and businessmen alike. All of us took turns to sing in our best voices. By the time we left, it was already past midnight. Some of my friends were hungry and decided to go off for supper. As for me, I was too exhausted and decided to go back to my room first. 

The first thing I did in my room was to collapse on my bed and fell asleep. Soon, I was awakened by sounds coming from the bathroom. Someone was drawing the shower curtains. Looking around, the room was still empty. Thinking that a friend was in the shower, I ignored it. Soon the strange noise stopped. I could hear the sound of the bathroom door opening and closing. My whole body was sticky and I smelt of sweat. Dragging myself out from bed, I went slowly to the bathroom. It struck me as strange when I did not encounter anyone coming out from the toilet. Brushing off the nervous thought, I slowly went to the bathroom and had quick hot shower. As I was drying myself, I heard the television outside being turned on, and the volume switched on high. 'My friends must be back,' I thought. When I went back to the living room, there was no one there. The television was switched off. Something was wrong. I felt frightened, and did not know what to do. Just then, all the lights went off, leaving me in total darkness. I immediately dashed out to my friend's room and stayed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment