Wednesday 10 July 2013

Camp Fright

Two years ago, during our school holidays, my classmates decided to spend the holidays in an adventurous manner. We wanted it to be a memorable outing too. All of us came up with all sorts of suggestions. Finally, we agreed to camp on Kusu Island for about three to four days. The place was weird and scary at night. Fortunately, there were other campers on the island. On the first night, my group of friends including myself gathered outside a bid hall and took turns to tell ghost stories throughout the night. The sky was dark and I could feel cool wind passing by my neck. Soon it was my turn to tell a ghost story.

While I was thinking about what story to tell, my eyes went past a power station which had its lights on. I saw a figure inside the room. For a while, I thought that I was imagining things. However, screams soon came from my friends, telling me that they saw it too. It was a black figure with very long hair. Horror engulfed everyone there. All of us were very frightened and did not know what to do. I could not see the other campers. I immediately told my friends to stop telling the stories and get back to our rooms. I jumped onto my bed and covered my whole body with the blanket. Murmuring my prayers, I covered myself with my blanket and tried to forget the whole thing. Luckily, I managed to get some sleep. The next day, all of us decided to go home. Although our camp only lasted for one day, it was an adventurous and memorable holiday indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment