Wednesday 10 July 2013

Phantom

There were a lot of little cakes and pastry left over at home that night. We had a cozy little family gathering earlier. Uncle Lim could not make it because he had to work late. I was told by my parents to bring them down to my uncle's workplace, Uncle Lim worked as a factory supervisor in one of the factories located along the same stretch of road as my HDB flat. Initially, I was rather reluctant as it was about ten forty five pm and I was yawning away. Since my Uncle Lim was a favorite of mine, I soon gave up on my hesitation and made my way to his workplace.

At the workplace, it was rather quiet and the surroundings seemed shrouded in mist. I soon saw Uncle Lim s he walked around the corner, after coming back from the gents. He was about to go home while all his other colleagues had already left. The reason why Uncle Lim was still around because he wanted to check the factory before he locked it. He looked tired after a long day's work. Still, he was curious about the gathering he just missed. I was talking ti Uncle Lim when something had apparently diverted his attention. His focus was on something else. Too sleepy to turn around, I laid out the cakes for him. As he turned back, he was pale and his cheeks had lost color. Was it the cold wind...? He said he had seen a hideous figure stroll past us and it was headless! I was petrified and figured that with head or without head, all I wanted to do was to dash home as fast as I could. I left immediately, so did Uncle Lim. We left the cakes there, untouched. Uncle Lim quickly locked the gates and I returned home only to find the rest of the family members fast asleep.

The next day, I found out from my uncle that someone had taken a bite at the cakes we left at the factory. No one could explain it, except us.

No comments:

Post a Comment