Tuesday 9 July 2013

Sightings

On the third of August 1996, one of my favorite uncles had passed away suddenly. He died of coronary heart disease. I was shocked and very depressed to hear the bad news. I still could not imagine that he had died. His dead body was placed at the void deck of the Ang Mo Kio Block 121. many relatives and friends attended the funeral. He was well loved by all. One afternoon, at about three pm, while I was folding the joss papers at the altar with my parents and relatives, I heard someone crying in a pathetic manner. My aunt told me that the cry sounded like that of my uncle.

We were stunned for a moment. I felt goosebumps bursting out all over my body. Suddenly the cry stopped. Those who heard it were extremely relieved. getting up, we went immediately to my uncle's altar to offer him more joss sticks, praying hard that his soul would rest in peace. My aunt, who had heard my uncle cry, was trying not to cry. Her eyes were red with unshed tears. Others, upon seeing her so distraught, went to console her immediately. As for me, I was so relieved that I did not see my uncle's ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment